I was asked IRL if I plan to cover ALL posts from Tomi Ahonen. Answer is no. In some cases he is just right. In some cases he repeats himself. In some cases I don’t have needed expertise to tell if there’s anything to comment on.
In short, these recent posts I’m not going to address:
- RIM Blackberry Sees 30% Fall in 3 Months, Mass Layoffs, Delays BB 10 OS
With my knowledge I cannot tell that thee would be FUD in this blog post. besides, it’s a good view on state of RIM.
- Congratulations Mike Short for CBE Honours at Queens Birthday in UK – here his Foreword to my 3rd book
Not related to any subject under my criticism.
- A Few Thoughts about Microsoft’s Tablet PC, the Surface
There’s some stuff about the operator boycott, generic bad-mouthing of Microsoft and lots of speculation. I do not plan to add any more bad-mouthing or speculation to opposite direction and Operator Boycott was already covered.
- What Do We Now Know, after Nokia’s Latest Profit Warning & Layoffs – The Titanic Deck Chairs Moment
Elop Effect, Operator Boycott, Elop’s Admit,… This post is a repetition of all the things I have covered so far Except for Meltemi/MeeGo part, which I plan to over in the near future (with N9 & N950).
- Brief Commentary on Today’s Nokia Bad News Day (updated 3x)
Nothing to cover, really. It lists the pain points of Nokia without going to any usual FUD. Oh yes, it goes for Meltemi/Meego too.
- The Final Reckoning: Burning Platforms Memo Damaged Nokia: Wiped out $13B revenues, Destroyed $4B profits in just 12 months
I have refered to this few times. I don’t see a reason to do more to it as it is Elop Effect/Operator Boycott post. Only thing to really point out is that in January 2011 Tomi Ahonen disagreed with the optimistic Nokia growth rate forecasts he now uses as a reference. In his words “This is such an important point, and when I debated it with Steve Litchfield on Twitter, it hit me. The disaster is hidden inside Nokia’s enormous numbers. Nokia has ‘too much of a market share lead’ that this damage is ‘hidden’. Nokia has such a ‘buffer’ that even abandoning one quarter of its market, Nokia is still by far the biggest smartphone maker. Its pain is not visible in any way!” 
- The Future of Print is Digital – but no, I don’t mean iPads or smartphones, I mean traditional printed pages made digital through AR
My TEDx Talk about Augmented Reality AR being the 8th Mass Media Channel – Updated with Link to Video
I am in no way savvy what comes to AR. Let Tomi do the expert talk here.
- Communities Dominate.. SMS Communities Too! Check out SMS All from Pakistan
Good post from Tomi. Really!
- Quick Thoughts on Nokia as Takeover Target (Samsung, Facebook, Microsoft and others)
Speculation. I don’t “counter-speculate”.
- Paging Stats Police – no, IDC, not even close! No! Windows Phone will not pass iPhone by 2016
Tomi says it in this blog post himself: “I mostly do not comment on forecasts, as forecasts are guesses and your guess is often as good as mine.“
- Massive Milestones in Mobile – Will These Numbers Change Your Mobile Strategy?
What Is Value of Knowing Future – Will your business, industry, career continue as you know it?
Predictions, speculations, forecasts. Good reading but no FUD there.
That covers it for quite some time. Over a month, actually.
On the other hand, these posts in between have so many factual issues that they will need some revisit:
- Smartphone Markets Shares in 2012, some relevant illustrations to understand the Bloodbath
- Paging Truth Police: No! Windows Phone and Nokia Lumia are NOT outselling iPhone in China. Utter BS story spread by Microsoft propaganda machine
Truth Police! Someone rang? 😀
…so stay tuned.